Latest Posts

Topic: 2022 Tournament Replays

the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-15, 11:50

tothxa wrote:

Well, of course I accept the defeat. I basically did so when I agreed to the step back.

If it is so important for you - i agree to re play the game

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-10-15, 11:55

hessenfarmer wrote:

According to tothxa you claimed mouse problems to make him accept a reload. This was obviously not true, and he made his decision based on fake information.

So tricking someone into a decision by lying is a foul.

We have no proof of him lying, and this is no reason for me to change my decision I made on the spot.

Top Quote
tothxa
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-10-15, 11:57

the-x wrote:

tothxa wrote:

Well, of course I accept the defeat. I basically did so when I agreed to the step back.

If it is so important for you - i agree to re play the game

I said I accept it. face-smile.png I don't have the time nor the energy to start it over (not even from the capture). I have already made that decision.

edit:

Maybe some time after the tournament we can try though what we can get out of that situation (the capture). Would be an interesting game. face-smile.png

Edited: 2022-10-15, 12:00

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-15, 12:12

No one can validate if the-x had mouse problems or not… anyway he strengthen his fortress after reloading the save game, which gave him the advantage to not loose the fortress. The strengthen happens because he knows there will be an attack coming and this is unfair.

On the other side tothxa agreed to load the last save game, so he could know that something would be different.

@ the-x:
I can't remember we had such problems since you came, but since then there were such problems in every tournament. In my opinion this would allow to disqualify you from every future tournament, just get peaceful games without such bad discussions.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
tothxa
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-10-15, 18:07

kaputtnik wrote:

anyway he strengthen his fortress after reloading the save game, which gave him the advantage to not loose the fortress. The strengthen happens because he knows there will be an attack coming and this is unfair.

I have compared the replays more closely. It turns out that for some reason my soldiers arrive to my new sentry on the border about 3 minutes later in the reloaded game. So I can only launch the attack this much later. By this time in the first game I have already captured his fortification. He only starts building the new warriors' dwellings after the time of the previous attack, and he has more reserves because of more time for production and because the battle in the North is mostly done by then.

So it's not the-x's actions that made me lose the battle for the fortification the second time, but the difference in the scheduling of my soldiers, which may or may not have been affected by the difference of my actions.

Edited: 2022-10-15, 18:13

Top Quote
Mars

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-10-15, 23:46

I defeated nordfriese in a long and hard-fought game.

We had a few game crashes, so there are 4 parts.

Attachment:
mars-nordfriese.zip (2.4 MB)

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-16, 13:19

Another bug is that the "place water-road" button is at a bad spot, muscle-memory-wise.

The game had some pauses because of lag, but it didn't crash.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-16, 13:27

Yes the pauses, especially in the beginning, last round about 30 seconds or so. During this pauses the messages i wrote were not delivered immediately, only after the pause was gone.
Would it be possible to have the chat system detached from the game engine? So chat messages would be independent from the game?

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Hasi50
Version: 1.2 (selfcompiled master etc)
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2022-10-16, 15:53

Attached is my Replay with Seefahrer, but maybe there is some Bug, or Seefahrer has a ... very ... interesting way of playing wideland

Attachment:
HasiSeefarer.zip (1.5 MB)

Here are the widelands where people may dwell, walking around care that evrythings well.

Top Quote
Seefahrer
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-10-16, 16:55

Thanks for posting! face-smile.png

Well, in the building process I didn't recognize any bugs, it was just me I think! ;-) The only thing I recognized was that when I built my first woodcutter, I aimed him at a tree that was standing so close to my HQ that I couldn't attach the usual 5 streets (and connected as circle) to the HQ's flag - but nonetheless he was cutting many, many trees but not the one he should have to! lol So I waited and waited until the tree once was gone... (don't know whether it may have to do with if you aim at a tree if the woodcutter's house is not yet completely constructed or so) (As this did cost me very much time, I think it's clear that I only lost the game because of that tree bug! face-wink.png Hahaha, no, of course not, I'm just kidding! lol)

Top Quote