Latest Posts

Topic: The Emerald Theme

OIPUN
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2024-10-14, 17:50

I have a new theme addon but I am not able to upload it. It is kind of strange, as for some addons I don't have a problem to upload them (barbarians_empire_economy_upgrade for example). But some cause the strange "map::at" error. So I don't think this is some kind of different file separator issue, because I shouldn't be able to upload any addon then. I am also not able to post it here as it is too big (42 MB). Well, I know, this is just a minor issue. The important thing is that the addons are working and that is great.

Attachment:
shot0009.jpg

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: Yesterday 09:38

If you're on Windows, I think this is still the path separators bug. It only hits of your add-on has nested subdirectories, of the sort addon_dir.wad/first/second/filename.lua (where second is the first nested layer). If your structure has just one layer of subdirectories (addon_dir.wad/first/filename.lua) then the bug will not hit.

If you are able to compile Widelands yourself, I can make a branch for you to test to see if I can fix the problem without being able to reproduce it myself.
Or I could have that branch built in the CI to provide a Windows installer that you can download if you have an account on Github.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: Yesterday 09:49

Actually, scratch that. Maybe we can fix it in the server directly.

I have put up a server branch on Alpha for testing. Please start Wiidelands with the command line parameter --addon_server_port=7377 and see if you can upload the add-on there. If yes this will require no code change in Widelands itself.

Top Quote
OIPUN
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: Yesterday 10:46

I tried and I am not able to log in with my password. Is it possible or am I doing something wrong?

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: Yesterday 10:56

Oh, sorry…
The alpha server uses the alpha website's credentials (to keep the testing environment and the real environment entirely separate).
Please go to https://alpha.widelands.org/ , quickly create an account there if you don't have one yet, set an online gaming password, and use these credentials to log in to the add-ons alpha server.

Top Quote
OIPUN
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: Yesterday 11:21

It doesn't help.

Attachment:
Snímek obrazovky 2024-10-15 121814.png

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: Yesterday 11:35

Hm, according to the server logs several files were read and the stream was interrupted by the client in the middle of the upload. I suspect this might now be a separate, unrelated bug with large uploads in v1.2 that was fixed in the current development version. Could you try again with a recent development build?

Edit: But the handshake with the filelist to send is clearly working now, so the first part of the bug is proven fixed by the branch. I'll make a PR with it later.

Edited: Yesterday 11:35

Top Quote
OIPUN
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: Yesterday 11:53

It is starting to be more complicated. I've set a max version to 1.2 for the theme addon because it doesn't work properly with 1.3 and the upload doesn't involve the addon in the list at all. But I tried the White Summer addon as there is an update too and this is the result.

Attachment:
Snímek obrazovky 2024-10-15 124420.png

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: Yesterday 12:52

White summer could not be updated on Alpha by you because you did not upload the initial add-on to Alpha. I have added you as the uploader for White Summer and White Summer Maps on Alpha now so it should work now. (That the message which I see in the log does not reach your screen is another known Windows-specific bug with networking.)

Top Quote
OIPUN
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: Yesterday 13:12

I've removed the max version and uploaded all 3 addons (Emerald Theme, White Summer and Tropical Maps). Now there is just the problem that the Emerald theme is not compatible with 1.3. So there will be need to update this addon before the new version is released.

Top Quote