Latest Posts

Topic: Soldiers in ports are not trained

MarkMcWire
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2024-06-14, 23:04

The following problem occurs: Soldiers in ports do not go to trainingsites for training, even if the port accommodates more soldiers than the maximum number of soldiers set. I think it would be more practical if soldiers from ports like other military buildings were to be independently transferred for training.

My widelands addons: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jopANlODo41T2reHJ0zaCOMYxq_rxXP-/view?usp=sharing

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2024-06-15, 10:31

I noticed a similar behavior while play testing the map Mountain Labyrinth. My observation wasn't about soldiers do not go to trainingsites, they do not go to any destination (military sites, warships) and they just sitting in ports around. The only way to fix this was to remove the soldiers from port(s) manually by setting the port to outhouse the soldiers. In my test games there were e.g. fully trained soldiers sitting in ports although other objects needed them and i wonder why the heroes doesn't leave the port (yes, number of garrisoned soldiers was set to zero, or the port was set to garrison only rookies).

Top Quote
MarkMcWire
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2024-06-15, 10:53

This is easy to explain: With one of the last updates, ports were turned into military buildings. This means that they do not just store soldiers, but have a fixed number of soldiers assigned to them. Just like castles, towers or guardhouses. The problem is that these soldiers do not go to training, even if there are more soldiers in a port than were permanently assigned.

By the way: I hadn't read the last part. So you already knew that. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound preachy.

Edited: 2024-06-15, 11:00

My widelands addons: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jopANlODo41T2reHJ0zaCOMYxq_rxXP-/view?usp=sharing

Top Quote